Kiosk mode is a configuration where Android device is dedicated to a specific use. Miradore offers two different ways to configure Kiosk mode for your Android devices. We recommend you use the Android Kiosk mode configuration, which instructions can be found from here.
This article describes the steps to enable Android Kiosk mode only for Samsung devices. This Kiosk mode configuration profile can be used by Premium Plan customers as part of the Samsung device's Application management features.
1. Deploy or install the app you want to lock down to the Kiosk mode. You can deploy the app via Miradore or manually.
2. Go to the Google Play store with your device and search for the kiosk launcher e.g. an app called "SureLock Kiosk Lockdown". You can also add this app to Miradore and deploy it as a normal app.
3. When e.g. "SureLock Kiosk Lockdown" has installed properly you have to click "Sync now" either on the device's end (open Miradore Client and tap Sync now) or in Miradore's UI (go to the Devices view > select device > click Sync now in the Action column). This action updates devices app inventory in Miradore so the launcher app will be available now.
4. Go to the Configuration profiles view in Miradore and create a new configuration profile. Select Android > Kiosk mode (Samsung) > in the first tab you can change "Kiosk mode state" as Enabled and you will then see "Kiosk mode application" dropdown list. "Kiosk mode application" means the launcher is NOT the app you would like to lock as a Kiosk app. So now you have to select "com.gears42.surelock" (which is SureLock Kiosk Lockdown app's package name). You can then check the other tabs and amend the settings as you wish e.g button functions. Save and create Kiosk mode configuration profile.
5. Deploy the recently created Kiosk mode profile to the device(s).
6. Now the new launcher "SureLock Kiosk Lockdown" should take a place on your device. Now you have to configure that launcher to your wishes. There is e.g. Single app lockdown where you can select the app you want to lockdown.
Please note that you have to configure the launcher app manually for every device if you don't have your own or a specific launcher for your demand.