Self-service enrollment is an authenticated mass-enrollment method that enables named users to add one or more macs in Miradore through an enrollment URL using a common password.
When this method is used, administrators do not need to send user-specific, one-time enrollment credentials to each user every time, when a new device needs to be enrolled in Miradore.
- Apple Push Notification service needs to be configured using a valid Apple Push Certificate on your Miradore site.
- Miradore supports the management of Macs running macOS 10.7 or later.
How to enable the Self-service enrollment
In addition to meeting the above-mentioned requirements, the administrator needs to do two things to enable the self-service enrollment of devices:
- Go to Company > Users page on Miradore and make sure you have added all users to your Miradore site who need to be able to enroll devices in Miradore. This is a required step, because only known users, listed on your site, can enroll devices to your Miradore site. For more instructions, read Adding users.
- In Miradore, go to System > Infrastructure diagram and generate a new Company PIN for the Self-service enrollment using the Generate new button. Then communicate this Company PIN code to all users who are allowed to enroll devices.
Self-enrollment instructions for the device users
- Open up your web browser and go to https://online.miradore.com/enroll.
- Fill in your email address and the Company PIN code provided by your IT administrator.
- After successful authentication, you will soon receive an email containing instructions and enrollment credentials for enrolling your device to the management system.