This article instructs how you can update in-house Android applications that you have previously deployed to your devices using the Android package (APK) deployment.
How to update apps installed from APK
- Go to the Management > Applications page. Open up the Application page of the previous in-house app version that you have deployed to your devices.
- Click Edit and replace the previous APK file with another APK file containing a newer application version.
- Click Update to save the changes.
- Choose Actions > Redeploy the application to devices.
After that Miradore deploys the app again to all devices where the previous version had been deployed and updates the existing versions to the later one.
It can happen that the deployment appears as “Completed” in Miradore although nothing seems to happen at the device.
- In this case, make sure that the developer of the in-house app has updated the application version (setting VersionCode) of the app wrapped within the new APK file. After fixing the version code, repeat steps 1-4 again.
Verify that there are no issues with the APK file by installing the application manually on the device. You can do this via USB connection, with the APK used in Miradore application deployment. In some cases during the manual installation, you might receive an error message giving you some more information about the problem.