Miradore Business policy is a feature that allows administrators to automate the deployment of apps, configuration profiles, files, and certificates. This article explains the basic rules of deployment and how to monitor the deployment status.
About Business policy deployment
Business policy deployment is an automated action that can affect multiple devices simultaneously. When creating a policy, the administrator can define its scope by tagging the applicable devices for the Business policy.
When you have created a business policy, change its status to Enabled.
Enabled business policy deploys applications, configuration profiles, files, and certificates to the applicable devices when they connect to the Miradore server. If you have defined dependencies regarding policy items, these will be deployed in the specified order. The administrator can also speed up the deployment with Sync now -action on the Business policy page. This will sync all the devices within the scope of the policy.
Sometimes it might seem that there is a delay in a business policy deployment. There are some rules behind the deployment logic that are important to acknowledge:
- If a configuration profile, the application version, a certificate, or a file exists on a device, it won't be deployed again.
- If a device has an older version of an in-house or uploaded application than the policy, the policy updates the newer version to the device.
- The business policy item with the status Queued, Waiting, In progress, or Postponed, is not deployed again.
- When the deployment of a policy item has failed over 5 times, it is not deployed again. You can reset the deployment from the Business policy page with the action Retry failed deployments.
- If the deployment fails or gets canceled, the deployment gets postponed for two hours.
How to see the deployment status
From the Action log under the Management section in Miradore, you can follow the statuses for all the deployments of your site.
The best overall status of the policy deployment you can see from the Business policy page. There are two tabs, Deployments, and Devices, which give you various information about the deployments of the business policy.
On Dashboard, there is also a selection of widgets that help you to monitor the compliance of each Business policy of the site.
Add widgets to the Dashboard by pressing Edit and then selecting one under Add widget dropdown menu.
From the widget, you can get to the Devices tab of the Business policy and see the data behind the widget by clicking its segments or Show report -link.
Device or Business policy specific
The Action log in the Device page is for viewing the deployment status of an individual device. On the Device page, there is also the Deployments tab which shows the deployment status of each policy related to the device.