Ever had a chance to work with Finnish IT professionals? If so, you’ll doubtless agree that they’re a very smart bunch of individuals. Yet, like many talented people they also have some very amusingly eccentric quirks. (And let’s face it, we should know because as Finnish IT pros we have them too.) So, to celebrate the amazing men and women who gave the world Linux and made Nokia great, we thought it would be fun to showcase some of the unique traits, which make Finnish IT pros so special.
1. They’re not shocked to find Symbian smartphones still in use.
2. “Silicon Valley” level awkwardness remains their baseline for presentation skills.
3. They’re secretly ashamed of each other’s English accents.
4. They always escape when people play office politics around who gets which weeks off in summer.
5. But they’ve also learned just how much they can get away with during those slow weeks in July.
6. They know people who’ve worked with Linux longer than almost anyone else.
7. Having learned to program due to the Finnish winter, they don’t always notice summer before it’s over. And if they do notice, they complain about the never-setting sun interfering with their nightly hacking hobbies.
Latest posts by Thomas Nybergh (see all)
- 7 reasons why MDM is a must for small business - 13.12.2016
- 11 reasons our customers love 10-year-old Miradore - 30.11.2016
- What every techie should see at Slush 2016 - 28.11.2016