“Customer” means a customer of Miradore.
“Customer Data” means Personal Data, reports, Managed Devices, and all data associated manually or automatically to Managed Devices in electronic form that a User of the Service stores within the Service.
“End User” means an individual person whose Managed Device is added to the Service and being managed by the User or Customer using the Service.
“Managed Device” means a device, such as a computer, mobile, or tablet, which is added to the Service and being managed by the User or Customer using the Service.
“Personal Data” means information that specifically identifies an individual or that is linked to information that identifies a specific individual.
“Public Area” means the area of the Site that can be accessed both by Users and Visitors, without needing to use a login ID and a password.
“Restricted Area” means the area of the Site that can be accessed only by Users, and where access requires the use of a login ID and a password.
“User” means an employee, agent, or representative of a Customer, who primarily uses the restricted areas of the Site for the purpose of accessing the Service in such capacity.
“Visitor” means an individual other than a User, who uses the public area, but has no access to the restricted areas of the Site or Service.
4. How to contact us
Attn: Privacy Officer
P.O. Box 129
5. Information we collect
- Information Collected from your use of the Service. We may receive information about how and when you use the Service, store it in log files or other types of files associated with your account, and link it to other information we collect about you. This information may include, for example, your IP address, time, date, browser used, and actions you have taken within the application. This type of information helps us to improve our Service for both you and for all of our users.
- Analytics. We use Google Analytics to measure and evaluate access to and traffic on the Public Area of the Site, and create user navigation reports for our Site administrators.
6. Information Collected for and by our Users
- Information Collected by the Customer. A Customer or User may store or upload Customer Data into the Service. Miradore has no direct relationship with the End Users whose Personal Data it hosts as part of Customer Data. Each Customer is responsible for providing notice to its End Users concerning the purpose for which Customer collects their Personal Data and how this Personal Data is processed in or through the Service as part of Customer Data.
- Information Collected from the Managed Device. When the Managed Device is added to the Service, we may automatically collect information from the Managed Device and its End User. This information varies by operating system and may include specific information of the device hardware and its configuration, installed software including usage statistics, and location information.
7. How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information that we collect in a variety of ways in providing the Service and operating our business, including the following:
- Operations. We use the information – other than Customer Data – to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Service, to provide the services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and to provide support to users of the Service. We may contact you to complete surveys that we use for quality assurance purposes. We process Customer Data solely in accordance with the directions provided by the applicable Customer or User.
- Improvements. We use the information – other than Customer Data – to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our Visitors and Users, to improve the Service, and to develop new products, services, feature, and functionality.
- Communications. We may use a Visitor’s or User’s email address or other information – other than Customer Data – to contact that Visitor or User (i) for administrative purposes such as customer service, to address intellectual property infringement, right of privacy violations or defamation issues related to the Customer Data or Personal Data posted on the Service or (ii) with updates on promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with. You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email.
8. How We Disclose Information
We may disclose your information, including personal data, as described to you at the time of collection or disclosure or as follows:
- Service Providers. We may disclose your information, including personal data, to our vendors, service providers, agents, or others who perform functions on our behalf. For example, we may disclose your information to third-party service providers to process payments on our behalf.
- Business Transfers. We may disclose your information, including personal data, to another entity in connection with negotiations of, an acquisition or merger, sale or transfer of a business unit or assets, bankruptcy proceeding, or as part of any other similar business transfer.
- Legal Compliance. We may disclose your information, including personal data, to comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including as part of a judicial proceeding. We may also disclose your information and personal data in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other legal process or as part of an investigation or request, whether formal or informal, from law enforcement or a government official.
- Aggregate or Anonymous Information. We may disclose aggregate, anonymous information about you for marketing, advertising, research, compliance, or other purposes.
9. Your Choices
- Data Requests, Correction, Removal. If you wish to receive a copy, access or correct any Personal Data we hold about you, or to request that we delete any information about you, you may contact us as set forth in the “How to Contact Us” section. Your request will be dealt with as soon as possible.
- Opting out from Commercial Communications. If you receive commercial emails from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email or by sending an email to the address provided in the “How to Contact Us” section.
10. Third Party Services
The Service may contain features or links to web sites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Service. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Service. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
11. Data Security
Miradore follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the information and personal submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and any other unlawful form of processing of the personal data in our possession. This includes, for example, firewalls, password protection and other access and authentication controls. We use SSL technology to encrypt data during transmission through public internet, and we also employ application-layer security features to further anonymize personal data.
Nevertheless, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information or personal data you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If you believe your personal data has been compromised, please contact us as set forth in the “How to Contact Us” section.
12. Notice of Breach of Security
If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our system that materially affects You or Customer, then Miradore will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response.
13. Data Retention
We only retain the Personal Data collected from a User for as long as the User’s account is active or otherwise for a limited period of time as long as we need it to fulfill the purposes for which we have initially collected it, unless otherwise required by law. We will retain and use information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our Terms of Service, and comply with technical and legal requirements and constraints related to the security, integrity and operation of the Services.
Updated 4th July 2017.