Operating System Deployment
- Fully automated device setup => 100% ready for the user
- Improved quality
- Time savings for both IT and the end-user
- Less Service Desk tickets
When the lifecycle of a device comes to its end, the replacement with a new or spare device is not just a logistic operation. The process of setting up the new device with all the right programs, settings, security features enabled, and moving the data from the old to the new device is time-consuming and vulnerable for human error.
With the help of Miradore, you can install the new device 100% ready with the operating system, software, and patches in place. All software installations completed during the lifecycle of a device are stored into the Miradore CMDB user’s profile which ensures the new device being the same as the old one being replaced.
- Full Automation – Miradore automatically installs all company, location, role, device, and user-specific software and settings to your new device based on the users’ profiles. You can also restore all user files to the correct location in order to get the device 100% ready for delivering to the user.
- Less Service Desk tickets – The automated installation process doesn’t make mistakes or forget actions ensuring high quality of your IT operations. With all apps and settings automatically in place, the user can start to use the new device without troubleshooting or the need for assistance.
- Cost savings – A high level of top quality automation ensures the cost efficiency of your IT operations. The Miradore technology allows you to scale your OS deployment operations to any number of devices.
- Bare-metal Installation – With bare-metal installation, a system is automatically formatted, an operating system is installed and configured, and all required software and settings are automatically installed according to the users’ profile. There’s no need to maintain static images anymore. The bare-metal installation can be deployed to either new devices or to devices requiring an OS refresh.
- Modeling and Driver Detection – The required drivers are detected and installed automatically during the bare-metal installation. You may override default drivers and assign custom drivers in order to ensure the installation of the desired drivers.
- Software and Configurations – You may assign software and settings to teams, locations, device roles, device models, and types, as well as to the user. This is part of the Miradore user profiling and ensures all the right software and settings are always automatically installed.
- Secure – To secure the device, you can have Miradore automatically create the recovery partition, enable disk encryption, and get antivirus and firewall software installed and configured properly.
- Restore Data – With the help of the Miradore Endpoint backup you are able to restore the user data to the right folder
- The Operating System Deployment feature is part of the Operating System and Software Deployment module. The module is part of Miradore Management Suite. It can be provided as Software as a Service (SaaS) or as self-hosted.
- Pay only for what you need. You may enable the whole Suite or select only the appropriate module.
- The Operating System Deployment is supported for Windows and Linux deployments.
- Miradore Management Suite is available in English only.