Here's a short summary of the new features and improvements released today.
Manage iOS 15, macOS 12, and Windows 11 with Miradore
We are happy to announce that you can now use Miradore to manage devices running Apple iOS 15, macOS 12, or Windows 11.
A new dashboard widget helps to prepare for Windows 11
Microsoft officially released Windows 11 on October 4, 2021, and you might now be wondering if your devices are compatible with the new operating system version.
We added a new dashboard widget to Miradore that shows which and how many of your devices meet the requirements of Windows 11.
For more details, see Windows 11 compatibility widget and Windows 11 requirements.
New restrictions available for Apple devices
Due to the new versions of Apple iOS and macOS, we have updated the Restrictions configuration profile for both platforms. Below, you can find a list of newly added restrictions options.
New restrictions for Apple iOS/iPadOS devices
- Device security and privacy are strengthened with the restriction of denying personalized advertisements from Apple. This restriction prevents the use of user data for advertising and it is available for devices with iOS 14 and above.
- Deny NFC prevents the use of built-in NFC (Near Field Communication) hardware in compatible devices. This restriction requires iOS 14.2 or above.
- Administrators can now deny unpaired recovery boot preventing unpaired host computer from restarting a device into Recovery Mode and restoring it without local physical interaction. This restriction requires iOS 14.5 or above.
- The restriction Force device only dictation prevents the dictated content from being sent to Siri servers for processing. This is available for devices with iOS 14.5 and above.
- Force device only translation is a restriction for ensuring that that the device does not connect to Siri servers for translation. This restriction requires iOS 15 or above.
- The Require managed copy and paste -restriction is an addition to the tools for separating the work and personal data on a device. This restriction is available on devices with iOS 15 and above.
- Deny Private Relay defines if the iCloud's Private Relay is on. This restriction requires iOS 15 or later.
New restrictions for Apple macOS devices
- The restriction Deny erase all content and settings prevents users from erasing their device and resetting it to factory settings. This restriction is available for devices with macOS 12 and above.
- There are new restrictions for delaying user visibility of macOS system updates as well as application updates. For the devices with macOS version 11.3 or later, the administrator can define delay time separately for minor and major system updates. Application update delay is available for macOS 11 and later. Read more about Force delayed system and application updates.
Resolved issues and minor improvements
- After retiring an Apple device, controlling or disabling the lost mode is not possible. Retiring action shows now the notification about the matter and recommends disabling the lost mode before retiring the device.
- You can now configure the product version and target version in the Windows update policy. This makes it possible to update your devices from Windows 10 to Windows 11 with the Windows Update configuration profile.
- Added the Device tab to the Configuration profile page showing on which devices the profile currently is.
- Improved the enrollment profile for iOS and macOS.
- Fixed an issue with the application undeployment.