The latest Miradore update includes improvements for UI and releases the Shared iPad feature, which is the multi-user mode for the organization's Apple School/Business Manager iOS devices.
Management for iPad shared by multiple users
You can now use Miradore to configure an enrollment profile for Apple ADE (previously known as DEP), which supports the management of the iOS device that is shared by multiple users. This Premium plan feature enables organizations to get the most out of their existing device fleet while maintaining security and privacy.
Users can start two different kinds of sessions on shared iPads: user session and temporary session (a.k.a guest mode, available for devices with iOS 13.4 or above). For the user session, users will sign in with their Managed Apple IDs allowing them to use personalized settings on the device and securely access iCloud data and specified applications. The guest mode enables temporary sessions which don't require signing in with credentials. It is possible to configure iPad to support one or both modes simultaneously.
- Apple School Manager devices with iOS version 9.3 and above
- Apple Business Manager devices with iOS version 13.4 and above
- Shared iPad is supported on:
- all iPad Pro models, iPad 5th generation or later, iPad Air 2 or later, iPad mini 4th generation or later
- Supervised devices with at least 32 GB of storage
- Managed Apple IDs for the personalized user sessions
Learn more on how to manage your device as Shared iPad.
- The device marketing names have been made better visible in the UI
- If the Business policies page is empty, additional information, such as the link to the tutorial video, is shown to the user
- Some minor UI improvements
- Security improvements
- Solved a problem that caused failure when importing a custom configuration profile into an MDM site.