As of December 1, 2021, Miradore will no longer support Android 4 and Windows Phone, and the support for Android 5 enrollment will end.
Why are we discontinuing support?
To stay up to date with the latest trends and innovations, we want to focus our efforts on supporting newer operating systems used by most of our customers.
Moreover, Android 4 (released in 2011), Android 5 (released in 2014), and Windows Phone (latest version released in 2014) are no longer supported by Google and Microsoft. Devices running Android 5 or older are not receiving important security updates from Google, and Android 4 does not support the TLS version 1.2., which is crucial in terms of device security.
We will continue to support a wide range of Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows OSs, and our product team is currently getting ready for new, upcoming operating systems, including Android 12 and Windows 11.
For increased security and a better user experience, we always recommend using the latest operating system available.
What does this mean for Android 4?
- After December 1, you can no longer manage, enroll, or retire Android 4 devices.
- Android 4 devices should be upgraded to Android 6 or newer.
- If not possible, devices will need to be retired before December 1. After that date, you might not be able to remove the Miradore client from managed devices, which might cause issues with device usage.
What does this mean for Android 5?
- After December 1, you can continue to manage your Android 5 devices that have already been enrolled to Miradore. However, we will no longer offer support for issues related to the enrollment of Android 5 devices.
- We highly recommend that you upgrade your devices to Android 6 or newer as some Miradore features or updates might not be available on Android 5.
What does this mean for Windows Phone?
- After December 1, you can no longer manage, enroll, or retire Windows Phones.
- All Windows Phones will need to be retired before December 1. After that date, you can no longer remove Miradore management from your Windows Phones, which might cause issues with device usage.
Which platforms are supported?
Miradore continues to support the following operating system platforms:
- Android 6 and newer
- iOS 5 and newer
- Apple macOS computers starting from version 10.7
- Windows 7, 8, 10, and 11 computers
If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to your Account Manager or our Support team.