Miradore supports the management of macOS devices from version 10.7 onwards. Notice however that we do not support prerelease or beta versions of macOS.
This article provides information about different enrollment methods and management features, which Miradore supports for macOS devices.
In order to start managing your Apple devices in Miradore, you need to take the Apple Push Notification service into use. This service is used for secure communication between Miradore and the managed Apple devices. Read more about the Apple Push Notification service from our knowledge base or watch the video below.
Admin may use different methods to enroll macOS devices to Miradore.
- Apple's Automated Device Enrollment feature is the preferred enrollment method for enrolling Macs that your organization owns and has associated with the organization's Apple Business/School Manager account. This method is available for macOS devices from version 10.9 onwards, and it allows to manage devices in the Supervised mode.
- Manual enrollment using an MDM Profile is a very easy enrollment method for adding devices in Miradore one by one. This management method is suitable for managing personally-owned devices that cannot be added to the organization's Apple Business or School Manager account.
- See how administrators can send an invitation to users to perform the manual enrollment.
- You can also advise device users to perform a self-service enrollment.
- One option is also to download the MDM profile from Miradore System > Infrastructure diagram and install it on the Mac.
Supported management features for macOS devices
- Device inventory collection
- Configuration profiles
- Application update policy
- Custom settings via mobile configurations
- FileVault disk encryption
- Password policy for local accounts
- VPN and related authentication settings' configuration
- Security actions
- Application management
You may also utilize Miradore's business policies to automate the deployment of the configuration profiles to your macOS devices.