You can purchase licenses for macOS applications through Apple Business/School manager and then take care of the license assignments and application deployments with Miradore.
Good to know
- Miradore only supports the deployment of Apps purchased through Apple Business or School Manager. Third-party custom apps outside Apple Business/School Manager are not supported
- Uninstallation or configuration of apps through Miradore is not supported
- Applications won’t be automatically uninstalled from a device when the device is unenrolled from Miradore
- Miradore Enterprise plan or active trial
- Miradore supports the deployment of Apple Business/School Manager apps for macOS 10.7 (or newer) devices that are enrolled in Miradore
- You need to have sufficient user privileges to access Apple Business/School Manager and manage the application purchases and licenses on behalf of your organization
- Administrator privileges on your Miradore site
Steps to distribute macOS apps
- Log in to Apple Business or School Manager.
- Go to Content > Apps and Books and set the search filter Type = Mac. After that, you can do a search to find the app that you would like to purchase and deploy to your devices.
- Click on the desired app from the search results and buy licenses (even for the free apps). At this point, you will also need to assign the licenses to the correct location.
- Then log in to your Miradore site. Go to Management > Applications page, and use the Apple VPP > Update applications button to refresh the page contents.
- Make sure you have the Platform column visible on the page. You should now see all applications that you have bought licenses for on the page.
- You can then deploy the app from Device or Devices page using the Deploy > Deploy application button. A successful deployment will automatically assign one of the bought licenses to the device.
How to release a license
If needed, you can release a license by using the trash bin icon that can be found from the VPP licenses tab of the Device page.