Exchange ActiveSync enables employees to access the work-related communication with their mobile devices. Employees can see their email, calendar, contacts, tasks, and so on when the Exchange ActiveSync account is configured on their devices. This article explains how you can set this account for managed iOS devices with the Mail for Exchange configuration profile in Miradore.
Define ActiveSync account with Mail for Exchange configuration profile
This instruction includes the basic steps of defining the Mail for Exchange configuration profile for iOS devices. If you like to know more about configuration profiles in Miradore, please see the introduction to configuration profiles.
- Create a new configuration profile from Management > Configuration profiles. Press the button Add, choose the platform iOS, and then start configuring the Mail for Exchange.
2. You can define the Exchange ActiveSync account settings on three tabs: ActiveSync account, Synchronization settings, and User settings.
On the ActiveSync account tab, you can configure the account details. S/MIME is for signing and encrypting email messages.
The available settings for S/MIME:
- S/MIME enabled requires iOS versions 5.0 until 9.3.3.
- S/MIME signing and encrypt are for devices with iOS versions 10.3 and above.
- If you have enabled the signing or encrypt option, you can add the related certificate.
On the Synchronization settings tab, you can define the synchronization settings for mail. Choose the time period of synchronized emails from the dropdown list.
On the User settings tab, you can define the user-related information. The user-specific account settings are fetched from the user data in Miradore (Company > Users). Find out more information about user-specific settings.
When you have created the policy, you can deploy it to the managed iOS devices, for example, from the Configuration profile page (Management > Configuration profiles > Mail for Exchange configuration). Read more instructions on how to deploy configuration profiles to the devices.