This article demonstrates how you can use managed app configurations in Miradore to remotely configure the settings of Kiosk Pro Plus or Kiosk Pro Enterprise.
What is Kiosk Pro?
Kiosk Pro is a secure kiosk browser app for iPad and Phone that is designed to present your web contents and media to visitors as a customized kiosk app for use in public spaces.
- Miradore Premium subscription or an active trial.
- Administrator or Editor level user access on your Miradore site.
- The device having the Kiosk Pro app installed must be enrolled in and managed with Miradore.
- A license for the Plus or Enterprise version of Kiosk Pro (Lite and Basic versions do not support managed app configs).
How to configure app settings remotely through Miradore
- Add the application to Miradore's application repository. You can either purchase the app through Apple Business or School Manager or add it from the Apple App Store.
- If you add the app from App Store, the user must have purchased the app prior to the application deployment.
- Open the Configurations tab of the Kiosk Pro application page.
- Define the desired managed app configurations according to the documentation of Kiosk Pro. See App configuration for iOS and iPadOS for more instructions on creating managed app configs in Miradore.
In the two pictures below, you can see an example of how we configured the app to run a kiosk presentation of the Miradore website, having some of our key web pages as quick links on the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen.
With these configurations, the app launches directly into the presentation mode, and the app settings are only accessible by using a certain gesture and entering a passcode. The password can be remotely changed or cleared using Miradore if you forget the password.
Did you know?
You can define multiple managed app configs for the Kiosk Pro app in Miradore if you want to apply different settings for different devices or purposes.
You can use Kiosk Pro to run web apps directly within the app.
If you want to run a native iOS app in kiosk mode, you can do that using Miradore's kiosk mode for iOS.