Apple server token (or DEP token) is used to secure the communication between Apple Device Enrollment Program (DEP) and an MDM server, such as Miradore.
Each Apple server token is valid for one year.
You can check the validity period of your current Apple DEP token on the Infrastructure diagram page in Miradore. Hover your mouse cursor over the Apple Device Enrollment Program icon and you will see when the token will expire.
How to renew your Apple DEP token
- Go to System > Infrastructure diagram page on your Miradore site.
- Hover your mouse over the Apple Device Enrollment Program icon and click the green Renew button.
- Log in to Apple Business Manager or Apple School Manager with the same Apple ID that you used to generate your current token. Notice that the account must have either an Administrator or Device Enrollment Manager role.
- In the Apple Business/School Manager, navigate to Settings and select your Miradore site from the MDM Servers list.
- Click Download token to download a new server authentication token (.p7m file). Notice that downloading a new token will reset your existing token.
- Upload the new token to Miradore using the green Upload server tokens button.
- After you have uploaded the token, you will see a confirmation of successful renewal.