In addition to adding email accounts to users individually, you can import multiple user email accounts simultaneously using the Import from CSV wizard. Importing e-mail accounts allows you to have mailboxes configured automatically to your users' devices. After importing, create an e-mail configuration profile and you'll be all set.
1. Navigate to the Users view in the Navigation menu and choose Import from CSV under the blue Import button.
2. In the import wizard, select the E-mail accounts import type and click Next.
3. Select the correct type of email accounts to import (either Mail for Exchange or Email).
4. Before proceeding with the import, check your CSV file and pay attention that the data fields are ordered correctly according to your email account type:
- Email: User email, user display name, email address, incoming server user name, incoming server password (optional), outgoing server user name, outgoing server password (optional)
- Mail for Exchange: User email, Exchange email, Exchange user name, Exchange domain (optional), Exchange password (optional)
The 'User email' field is used as an identifier for looking up a user from Miradore. If the ’User email’ field matches an existing user’s email address, the account is added or updated. If no user is matched, the line is ignored.
5. In the wizard, click Browse and find your CSV file.
After selecting the file, a preview of the CSV file contents will appear in the preview window.
6. Choose a delimiter according to your data. Use the preview windows to find out the correct delimiter. After the correct delimiter has been chosen, the preview windows organizes the data to be imported in columns.
7. Review the imported data for possible errors. If there are errors in the data, you will be notified with an error message.
8. After you have reviewed the data, click Import.
9. A notification screen will appear to let you know whether the import was successful or not.
For further details, see more information about: