Use Miradore configuration profiles to store the WPA/WPA2 Enterprise settings and deploy them to multiple devices. This article shows how to create an Enterprise Wi-Fi configuration profile for Android devices.
Creating Enterprise Wi-Fi configuration profile
Start creating the configuration profile in Miradore from Management > Configuration profiles page.
- On the top of the page, press the button Add, which opens the wizard.
- Choose the platform Android and from the next step, the option Wi-Fi.
- There are two tabs for the Wi-Fi settings: Enrollment Wi-Fi and EAP settings. On the EAP settings tab, you may configure the Enterprise Wi-Fi network settings.
- If you want to configure an Enterprise Wi-Fi network, you need to choose “WPA/WPA2 (Enterprise)” as a security mode from the Enrollment Wi-FI tab.
5. Define the WPA/WPA2 Enterprise configuration settings on the EAP settings tab.
There are three accepted EAP types: TLS, TTLS and PEAP. Each of these have mandatory settings for:
- Identity certificate: Defines the certificate for EAP-TLS, but also allows two-factor authentication for EAP-TTLS, PEAP and EAP-FAST.
- Trusted certificate: Defines the trusted root certificate for the connection.
There are also additional configurations available for the types TTLS and PEAP.
Good to know
- Please note that certificates have to be uploaded to Miradore before you can define them for the configuration profile.
- You can deploy the configuration profile from Management > Configuration profiles or Management > Devices. Read more instructions for deploying configuration profiles in Miradore.