The Application update policy is a device-specific configuration profile that enables you to control the automatic updating of enterprise-managed apps on an Android device. The application update policy affects all managed Google Play apps on the device.
- Miradore Premium plan
- Available for Android devices that are managed using the Android Enterprise's Fully managed device (Device owner) mode or Work profile mode.
- Update policy applies only to the applications installed via managed Google Play. The apps, installed from APK or consumer Play Store, won't be affected.
- You must have either Administrator or Editor role in Miradore.
How to automatically update apps on your Android devices
- Navigate to the Management > Configuration profiles > Android and choose the Application update policy.
- On the profile settings, choose the preferred application update policy. The Always option means that the device always automatically updates the managed Google Play apps whenever a new app version becomes available. The Wi-Fi only option does the same, but only when the device is connected to a Wi-Fi network. You might want to consider using the Wi-Fi only option if your mobile data plan is slow or charged per usage.
- Lastly, deploy the configuration profile to the devices for which you want to apply the policy. See Deploying configuration profiles for more instructions.
There might be some days delay before the new version of the application is updated to devices.
When updates are applied?
Application updates are applied when the following conditions are met:
- The device is plugged into a power source and charging
- The device is not in active use
- The app to be updated is not running in the foreground
Google Play typically checks application updates once every day.
How to update APK apps?
Do you want to update apps deployed using an APK file? If yes, please see How to manage version updates for APK apps.