Your administrator wants to add your Android smartphone or tablet into a management system called Miradore.
With Miradore, your administrator can ensure your device is secure and provide you with a secure working space with the necessary applications.
What Should You Do
See the video below for enrollment instructions. You can also find the same steps under the video in written form.
- Check your email and SMS inbox. You will shortly receive a message from Miradore which contains an enrollment link, username, and password.
- Open up the message with your Android device and click the enrollment link/button to start the process.
- In case you cannot access your inbox using the device, you can also start the enrollment by navigating to online.miradore.com/enrollnow using the device's web browser. On that page, you will be asked to enter the username and password from the email.
- Next, you will be prompted to Enroll your Android device to Miradore. Click "Install now" to move on.
- You will be taken to Google Play Store. Install the suggested Miradore Client app from there.
- Click "Open" after the app installation has completed.
- The app will ask you for various permissions on your device. You should allow all permissions requests and continue with the installation. It will not endanger your privacy. Check more information from your IT admin in case you are worried.
- Next, the app might ask you to enter the username and password. Enter those from the email you received and click "Enroll device".
- Wait for a while until the device prompts you to create a managed profile. Approve the profile creation. This will start the creation of a separate workspace onto the device, which will then contain all your business data and work apps provided by your IT administrator.
- Setting up the work profile may take a few minutes. During the setup, you might be notified to enter your device passcode. This will enable your administrator to reset your device passcode remotely if you ever forget it.
- You will be notified when the profile has been created. This is a signal of a successful enrollment. Open the notification and approve the removal of the Miradore app. It will be no more needed. Only the isolated working space will remain in your device.
- Now you're all set. If you are not yet familiar with the working space (a.k.a. Android Work Profile), read this blog which describes how to use it.