This article describes wallpaper configuration profile for Android and how to configure it in Miradore. The configuration can be used to deploy company images and change wallpapers of managed Android devices.
- Active Business/Enterprise Plan subscription or Trial
- Miradore client version 2.8.1 or newer
- Supported for Android versions 7 and newer. In older Android versions, only Home screen wallpaper is affected.
Good to know
Wallpaper change doesn’t work properly with Android devices on Profile owner mode. Supported file formats are .jpg and .png. Maximum file size is 1MB.
Creating the configuration profile
Go to Management > Configuration profiles and press the button Add to open the wizard. Select Android > Wallpaper, and follow the instructions of the wizard to complete the profile.
From the second step of the configuration, you may choose, where to the wallpaper is deployed: Home screen, Lock screen or both.
When the configuration profile is ready, you may deploy it to the devices:
- From the Configuration profiles list page, by selecting the profile and choosing action Deploy.
- From the Configuration profiles > Configuration profile page and choosing the action Deploy.
Changing the wallpaper for individual device
The simplest way to change the wallpaper of an individual device is to open the device page. Start by navigating to Management > Devices and choose the desired device. Click open the icon or double click the row to open device page.
Select Set wallpaper action under the dropdown button Actions or click on the device image on the left to start the wizard.
In the wizard you can see all the wallpaper images you have uploaded previously. Choose an existing image to deploy it to the device. Click Browse or drag & drop an image to upload a new wallpaper image into Miradore and deploy it to the device. This action creates also a new configuration profile, which can be later deployed also to other devices.