This article describes how you can deploy a custom background image to fully managed Android devices using Miradore's wallpaper configuration profile.
You can change the Home and Lock screen wallpaper and enforce the desired wallpaper.
- Active Business/Premium Plan subscription or Trial
- Device has been enrolled to Miradore as Fully managed device (device owner mode)
- Miradore client version 2.8.1 or newer
- Supported for Android versions 7 and newer. In older Android versions, only Home screen wallpaper is affected.
Good to know
Wallpaper change doesn't work properly with Android devices on Profile owner mode. Supported file formats are .jpg and .png. Maximum file size is 1MB.
Creating the configuration profile
Go to Management > Configuration profiles and press the button Add to open the wizard. Select Android > Wallpaper, and follow the instructions of the wizard to complete the profile.
From the second step of the configuration, you may choose, where the wallpaper is deployed: Home screen, Lock screen, or both.
When the configuration profile is ready, you may deploy it to the devices:
- From the Configuration profiles list page, by selecting the profile and choosing action Deploy.
- From the Configuration profiles > Configuration profile page and choosing the action Deploy.
Changing the wallpaper for individual device
The simplest way to change the wallpaper of an individual device is to use the Actions > Set wallpaper option on the Device page.
In the wizard you can see all the wallpaper images you have uploaded previously. Choose an existing image to deploy it to the device. Click Browse or drag & drop an image to upload a new wallpaper image into Miradore and deploy it to the device. This action creates also a new configuration profile, which can be later deployed also to other devices.
Prevent users from changing the wallpaper
You can restrict users from changing the wallpaper using the Deny wallpaper modification option that is available in the Android > Restrictions configuration profile.